The IberCup is currently one of the most important World Youth Football / Soccer Tournaments in the world. Since the first edition, around 100 countries have been represented in our competitions. Every year, between boy's and girl's categories, around 50,000 players participate in a super competitive week with fantastic experiences and unique opportunity to face teams from all continents. IberCup creates the possibility of any interactions both outside and on the field and this makes IberCup recognized as the most international youth competition in the world.
IberCup takes place in different locations: check all locations on our site.
How is the level of the teams on the IberCup circuit of tournaments?
At the IberCup World Final, participants will face the winning teams of IberCup Qualifiers around the World and some of the best football academies in the world who will be directly invited by the organisation such as FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Internezionale Milan, Atlético de Madrid, Manchester City, Arsenal FC, Manchester United, Liverpool, FC Porto, SL Benfica, Sporting Clube de Portugal, FC Zenit, Valencia CF, Sevilla FC, Real Betis, Chivas Guadalajara, Paris Saint Germain, Gremio FBPA, CR Flamengo, SE Palmeiras, CR Vasco da Gama, Corinthians Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, O. Lyon and Olimpique Maseille, have participated in previous editions.
This is the last stage of the IberCup circuit and, as such, will have a very high competitive level. The champion club will be crowned as the IberCup World Champion.
This competition in 2020 is only played in 3 categories: 2009 / 2008 and 2007 (Cat C, Cat D and Cat E) and will only have the participation of winning teams of IberCup Qualifiers and invited football academies. However, if you would like to participate in this competition and play against the best and most competitive clubs in the world, you can enter IberCup Cascais 2020 in one of these categories and play the qualifying phase on 6 and 7 April.
To register your team at IberCup Cascais and play the qualifying phase for the World Final click here.
Who May Participate
All clubs, which are members of their FIFA affiliated national associations, are welcome to participate in the IberCup. The club has to be a member of their FIFA affiliated national association. In countries where football is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association.
Number of Teams in the Tournament
It is our goal that all teams have the opportunity to participate in the World Final, as such, if you wish to have the opportunity to play in this special competition you will have to register at IberCup Cascais and pass a first qualifying round.
Please take into account that during the last years the tournament has not been able to accept all the teams that wish to participate. The teams that make the payments in first place will have priority.
The team is only officially registered after a first initial payment. In addition, most Hotels are full 6 months before the start of the competition but we can still accommodate about 6000 people for our tournament but don't take too much time to make your decision, accommodation options run out quickly.
The tournament begins with the group stage. The teams will be distributed in groups of four, five or six teams each, where they play each other in a one-round championship system. The ranking will be determined according to the points.
Victory 3 points;
Draw 1 point;
Defeat 0 points.
According to the category, the best ranked team or teams in each group advance to Playoff Gold, Silver or Bronze.
Playoff matches are played by direct elimination and in case of a tie they will be decided by big penalties according to FIFA regulations.
All players must be insured, both for games and leisure. The teams must arrive at the tournament at least one day before the start of the competition.
Hotel Accommodation: Check the accommodation dates with our booking department. The meal plan will be determined according to the package chosen and can be between Half Board (Breakfast and Dinner) or Full Board. Breakfast and Dinner will be served at the hotel and lunch, if you have contracted this service, will be served in the center of the complex. Arrival with dinner included, departure with breakfast included. The IberPass and accommodation fee are included in the cost.
No Accommodation: Only for local teams. All participants in this category (up to 60 kilometers from the competition area) pay a participant fee which includes the IberPass. There are a limited number of teams that are accepted in this category. This category is normally sold out 7 months before the start of the tournament.
- August 1st: Online registration form for next year's tournament. When we receive the initial payment from each team we can confirm how valid your registration is.
- February 1st: Deadline for registration. If the maximum team registration is reached before this date, registrations close before the scheduled date.
- 45 days before the tournament: Date for final payment of accommodation fee / participant fee / team registration fee for all participants with or without accommodation. All leaders and players pay this fee. Teams can cancel players' participation up to 90 days before the tournament, after this date it is mandatory to submit a medical certificate (see cancellation policy under terms and conditions).
- 30 days before the tournament: Deadline for sending the list of players. After this date we will charge an additional fee of $5 per player.
- 30 days before the tournament: Deadline for sending the rooming list. After this date we will charge an additional $10 per player.
- 10 days before the tournament: Game Calendar becomes available.
- Remaining dates please check the Schedule section on our website.
- In case of unforeseen events, IberCup Organization reserves the right to change these dates.
IberPass is included in the accommodation package for all participants. Check the advantages with our sales department.